1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 Information needed to use Baltic Nest.
We collect personal information about you when you book your stay. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact information, account, profile information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
- Identity verification and payment information. Such as images of your passport or driving licence.
1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional profile information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Other information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
1.3 Information automatically collected by using our website and our Payment services.
When you use our website and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Usage information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions.
- Log data and device information. Such as details about how you’ve used our website, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an account or logged in.
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details.
1.4 Personal information we collect from third parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:.
- Third-party eervices. If you link, connect, or login to the Airbnb Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Referrals and co-travelers. If you are invited to the website as a co-traveler on a trip, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as, demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the website, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to health information related to contagious diseases.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Provide, improve, and develop the website. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the website and make and receive payments,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the website, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
2.2 Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. We use personal information to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security and safety incidents, and other harmful activity,
- verify or authenticate information provided by you,
- comply with our legal obligations, protect the health and well-being of our Guests,
- comply with law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights
2.3 Provide, personalize, measure, and improve our marketing. We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events.
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
2.4 Provide payment services. Personal information is used to enable or authorize third parties to use Payment Services:
- Detect and prevent money laundering, fraud, abuse, security incidents.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Provide and improve the Payment Services.
3. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
3.1 Sharing with your consent or at your direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your account or participating in promotional activities.
Where permissible with applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms.
3.2 Information you publish in profiles, listings, and other public information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name, description, and city.
- Reviews, ratings and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public.
3.5 Complying with law, responding to legal requests, preventing harm and protecting our rights.
We may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or public authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or where disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with a valid legal request or to respond to claims, (iii) to respond to a valid legal request relating to a criminal investigation to address alleged or suspected illegal activity, or to respond to or address any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal or regulatory liability.
3.6 Service Providers.
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims, or (viii) facilitate non-profit and charitable activities.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. For information on data subject rights requests and how to submit a request. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
4.1 Managing Your Information.
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.
4.2 Data Access and Portability.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
4.3 Data Erasure.
In certain jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) will continue to be publicly visible, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
While no organization can guarantee perfect security, we are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION